Friday, July 23, 2010

Feminist Integrity

Integrity is an important thing to have in all aspects of your life. If you have integrity I think you can make it big in life. Integrity is knowing the differenced between right and wrong, sort of like having morals. Integrity also deals with acting out what we believe and attempt to live our ideals. Integrity relates with knowledge and all knowledge is associated with power. Knowledge arises from your background and where you’ve been. Traveling around the world gives you more resources and understandings of the world.
Integrity can be enacted in any group, including feminism. One way to live with feminist integrity is to set feminist priorities and stick with them. Feminist integrity requires advocating a sustainable physical environment. A peaceful and sustainable future celebrates difference and diversity, but you need to know diversity doesn’t always imply equality. Just because there is a bountiful amount of races in a group doesn’t necessarily mean everyone will be treated equally. I think that is wrong and people really shouldn’t racial profile or judge a book by its cover.
The last component of living with feminist integrity is to have a sense of humor. If you can’t laugh at yourself you won’t get far. Sense of humor is by far one of my best characteristics. I love laughing and I am probably one of the clumsiest people I know, so of course if I couldn’t laugh at myself I would seem stuck up. I love to laugh, at myself, and with other people. You only live once, so why not laugh it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment